As announced on 23rd September, 2016 (a week ago), the price range of SMS Credits and Billing Preferences have been changed.
While we hoped this was avoidable, the value of the Nigerian Naira depreciated even further. As a matter of fact, in just days, the exchange rate of NGN (Nigerian Naira) to 1 USD (United States Dollar) has gotten close to NGN 500 (Five Hundred Naira).
This means that we are risking very high business differences than we envisaged, serving Nigerian Businesses.
Here are the few changes effective on our Billing Preferences:
- Cost of SMS Delivery to MTN, Glo, Airtel and Etisalat Nigerian Networks has been increased from 1 to 1.5 Units to 1 Recipient per page of SMS.
- Cost of SMS Delivery to Networks outside Nigeria has been increased by 50% of the original cost.
- Activation Fee for inter-account transfer has been reduced to 50 units however, the minimum balance requirement has been increased from 100 to 150 units. This is to help you save more credits for SMS.
- Minimum SMS Credits purchase has been increased from 100 units to 150 units per order.
- For End Users linked to Sales Managers, SMS Credits purchase has been increased from 1,000 units to 1,500 units per order.
- Sales Manager SMS Credits purchase has been increased from 10,000 units to 15,000 units per order.
These Billing Preferences are also affective for our Sales Managers, except those with customisations. However, minimum SMS Credits purchase, minimum balance requirement, transfer threshold, transfer unit now reflect a new minimum at 150 units.
For anyone branding the portal forthwith, these new preferences and aforementioned settings would come in to your portal by default. New Sales Managers on Mobi2SMS and any branded portals forthwith would start with these settings as well. Existing Sales Managers shall retain their current settings where above the new minimums.
Our price range has also been changed as follows:
- 150 – 1,499 Credits are now sold at N2.10 per Unit.
- 1,500 – 14,999 Credits are now sold at N1.75 per Unit.
- 15,000 – 149,999 Credits are now sold at N1.60 per Unit.
- 150,000 Credits and above are now sold at N1.50 per Unit.
Click here to download our Coverage Documentation to see our Updated Terms which include the new prices for the Mobile Networks within our Coverage.
We really apologise for the inconvenience we might have caused you in doing this as we understand it might be a big deal for you to get used to these changes.
Trusting you understand, we want to thank you for continually choosing Mobi2SMS.
Have a great weekend!